CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DISPUTES
The Firm has represented a significant variety of interests in governance disputes, including shareholders and members as well as boards, officers and employees, including, for example, the following:
- We represented a partner in a privately held real estate business in an action in Delaware Chancery Court alleging oppression of a minority owner.
- We defended a minority partner and a contractor in a real estate venture against an array of breach of contract and fraud claims.
- We represented a textile industry trade association in connection with miscellaneous corporate matters and liquidation.
- We represented a high-tech testing company providing services to textile and other industries in connection with miscellaneous corporate and structural matters.
- We represented a Wall Street insider and minority shareholder in a high-tech software development company that had developed new technology applicable to electronic trading in a Southern District of New York action alleging minority shareholder oppression.
- We successfully prosecuted a claim on behalf of a client against its two partners that they had shirked certain capital contribution obligations under their partnership agreement.
- We represented a minority partner in a major New York City restaurant venture in connection with claims against the majority and operating partners.