STEPHEN J. ARENA
Phone: 212.972.2929 x209
E-mail Stephen Arena
- J.D.,cum laude, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2005
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany, 1998
- Associate, Trachtenberg Rodes & Friedberg, LLP, 2008 to date
- Associate, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, 2005 – 2008
- New York State Bar, 2006
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 2009
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2009
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2017
I joined Trachtenberg Rodes & Friedberg LLP in 2008, bringing to its civil and complex commercial litigation practice my diverse securities transactional and enforcement experience as well as my extensive technology background. I began my legal career as an associate at Cadwalader, where I handled public and private securities offerings, lending transactions, and asset purchases and sales. While in law school, I gained experience in the investigation and prosecution of securities fraud, working in the New York Stock Exchange’s Division of Enforcement and at the Office of the New York State Attorney General’s Investment Protection Bureau.
My technology experience stems from my pre-law career as a computer programmer and software consultant at a large international software company, where I developed trade processing and analysis software for treasury, capital markets and derivative instruments.
My diverse background has proven to be an invaluable asset to clients in the resolution of complex business disputes in all areas of civil litigation, including commercial, securities and property disputes. Most importantly, my unique mix of experience enables me to fully understand my clients’ needs and apply practical business sense and innovative strategies to help clients achieve the best possible results.