Leonard A. Rodes
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1983
- A.B., Princeton University, 1979
- Partner, Trachtenberg Rodes & Friedberg LLP, 1992-Present
- Litigation Associate, Rosenman & Colin LLP, 1988-1992
- Litigation Associate, Kronish Lieb Weiner & Hellman, 1986-1988
- New York State Bar
- Florida State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- IR Global, Exclusive New York Commercial Arbitration Member
- New York Super Lawyer 2014-2017
For over 30 years, I have helped hundreds of companies and individuals resolve business conflicts with contract counterparties, partners, investors, employees, employers and regulators.
I know that for my clients, disputes are a costly distraction. I strive to find creative solutions that will end disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible. Sometimes aggressive litigation, involving discovery, motion practice and trial, is unavoidable. But more often than not, a client’s most important objectives can be achieved earlier in the process, perhaps by identifying a flaw in the adversary’s position and exploiting it with an early motion, perhaps through a negotiation prompted by a compelling presentation of a client’s position. Figuring out the shortest path to the client’s best result is not only what my clients want, it is also the greatest source of my professional satisfaction.
My clients have included hedge fund managers, real estate developers, large retailers, satellite companies, private equity firms, a music publisher, an agribusiness, an oil trading firm, banks and other lenders, and manufacturers, among many other small and large companies. I also represent individuals in high-value disputes.